Thursday, July 8, 2010

I was lost, in France...

I've been quiet for a while, because I was away in Provence. I know, lucky me! School finished up, and we were on the first plane out the following morning, landing in Marseilles airport under a blazing sky, so different from the grey, wet Irish weather that I couldn't remove the stupid grin from my face for days.

No computer. No internet. No twitter. No TV.
Instead, bagettes, pate, fromage, petit suisse and lovely wine.

I took my notebook, and did no writing. None. Not even a little bit. But I thought about my story, and did some mental working things out, while lounging around a swimming pool.

Now I'm back. My chickens laid a load of eggs so I've just made homemade pasta for dinner and a large pavlova with the excess. I'm pink (I don't do brown, just pink then creamy white again), covered in mozzie bites (apparently I'm the most delicious one in my family), and itching to write.

I got news yesterday that Catch Me A Catch has a release date of 28 July on Wild Rose, so I'll be blogging about that nearer the date, and of course, this weekend is the RNA conference Minxes Romy, Jo, Lorraine and Maya are going and will be blogging all about it when they get back, so for all of us not attending the conference this year, check in to the Minxes of Romance blog tomorrow for our 'Not at Conference? post.

6 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS on hearing word of you release date. Can't wait to read it.

    Provence sounds glorious - but it's great to have you back.

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suz, great to be back too! Now I'm suddenly worried that no-one will like it! urgh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're all going to love it - stop worrying.

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm SO jealous!! I loved France when I was there years ago. You lucky chickie! Sounds like you had a fab time.
    And major congrats for your release date - I'll be buying. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back Sally! Yay on your release date! Not long to go!

    ReplyDelete